Frank Chisholm left Nova Scotia and came to Saskatoon to work for the Saskatoon Public School Board. Soon after his arrival in the Hub City, a badminton club was formed.He was an original member when the club opened in 1930. He was on the board of managers, became secretary-treasurer, served on many committees, coached and still had time to play the game.
Due to family illness, Frank left the club in 1947 and did not return until 1953. Club memberships were way down and he was asked to take over as manager. He put the club back on its feet and saw the facility move to a new location in Victoria Park. He worked out the design for a new building, which was constructed in 1965. In this new facility, Chisholm managed, coached, set up draws and ran tournaments. For many years his column Hints on Badminton in the StarPhoenix was widely read. In 1972 Frank left active participation but his mark will be felt for many years.
The badminton club honoured him with a lifetime membership.